Monday, February 9, 2009

Favorite Rome Pictures

When I first realized I was really going to the Vatican I couldn't wait to see Michelangelo's Pieta. It was even more stunning than I imagined.

This is one of my most favorite pictures of the trip. It was part of a group of frescoes in the Vatican Museum. I think it would make a beautiful Christmas card.

This is the balcony where the Pope greets the crowds at St. Peter's Square.

We had a private guided tour of the Roman Forum. It was well worth it. Fasta was also our guide through the Vatican. She gave a wonderful history lesson both days and it was very rewarding to see the kids hanging on to her every word!
After the Roman Forum we walked over to the Colosseum. It was amazing. We saw the large cross near the floor of the Colosseum where the Pope begins the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. That was very interesting.