Sunday, January 4, 2009

The LAST Post of Christmas Trees!

This is going to be my last post of the Christmas trees!
They were all very fun to do. I always tell people that I paint or create to relieve stress.....well, I guess there was a lot of stress this year! HA! HA! Seriously, I can not complain.....it's been a good year and I'm very blessed! The truth of the matter is that I love doing this stuff. The trees were all a lot of fun and I enjoyed doing them. Now taking them all down was a whole 'nother story!!!

This first tree is my son's tree.
I painted the boat paddle with acrylics. It was actually used for a tree at our school board office for their "Trim A Tree Day" last year.




This is my daughter's tree. In the 3rd picture you can see a couple of the Nativity Ornaments that I explain a little further down.






This is my snowman tree. The canvas snowman ornament is an idea I got from my good friend who is also an art teacher (suayallendesigns). The tree topper is a snow shovel that I painted a couple of years ago for our "Trim A Tree Day" that our local school board hosts every year for the art students. The "peace" ornament is part of a set of Nativity Ornaments that I made for my trees. It's a neat idea that I saw in a gift shop. There's a set of 9 or 10 ornaments. On each ornament there is a different word (peace, baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, etc.) pertaining to the birth of Jesus. I thought it was a cool idea and a great way to have something on each tree that relates to the true meaning of Christmas.









I guess I would call this my "Traditional" tree. It's the tree that's in my living room and the only tree that I didn't make any of the ornaments. I've had all the ornaments for years. The birds' nest are probably 15+ years old. Somehow (!) I ended up with lots of angels on the tree. It wasn't something I purposely set out to do, but glad it turned out this way!